You can contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happened to the recently retired Captain who had the agents raid his home?
Sheriffs Deputy’s entered the home of the retired Captain in Currituck, NC looking for a youth alleged to have been involved in a incident involving a handgun. It’s not clear why police were looking for the youth at that address, but the alleged criminal did not live at the residence.
On January 8th, a college student left a comment in this thread that concerns me and may have caused a few of you to be more cautious in reading and commenting on our site. The student posted on Digital Forensics, and its possible applicability and use by this site. We have taken down this persons comment. First and foremost our regular readers should be aware of the precautions we take to protect their anonymity.
Our “About” page makes it very clear that: “Coast Guard Report is an Unofficial Coast Guard Blog providing news, information and investigative reports.” That remains true today. Over the years we have discussed in brief several points:
1. We investigate, leads, tips, and rumors.
2. We use investigative methods and sources relative industry standard.
3. Our staff is made up of a cross section of specialties associated with the military: Retired or former Officers, Enlisted, Civilians, Special Agents, EO Specialist, HR Specialist, Public Affiars, Intelligence, and finally Digital Forensics.
We do not expend our effort and limited resources tracking our readers, their locations and identities. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me a email@example.com or by submitting a private feedback form directly from the top menu.
Coast Guard Report
That kid really didn’t know what he was talking about.
I appreciate your telling us this.
I’m not really buying your explanation since the posts I’m asking have nothing to do with that.
The dissolution of the ISC structure got a lot of lip service here. I think this message deserves some attention.
Sorry, you don’t have access to that portion of the site.
I understand that. I was asking whether Coast Guard Report would be willing to republish those posts in a non-restricted part of the website.
Happy New Year!
We would need a pretty good reason to release those back to the public domain. We’re not saying we wouldn’t, but we need a reason that benefits the public more than the or equal to processes in play that have placed them protected status.
We’ll look at.
Yes, they will not be released at this time.
What’s the concern behind those posts? They were available for quite a long time before being pulled from public view.
We really thought by now you would have this one figured out. The bottom line is part of the site will be introduced as evidence in a federal complaint. It goes to who in leadership knew what, and when they knew it.
If only Time knew the true story about him
http://www.10news.com/news/25143106/detail.html– could be worse.
I was just reading the message of the relief of the MCPO-CGRF and noted an error:
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//VCG//
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-09//
The reorganization, rebuilding, restructuring, right-sizing, and over-haul (I forget the other terms) even has the Vice twisted around!
On Saturday, 15 May, MCPO Mark Allen relieved MCPO Jeffrey Smith as the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Reserve Force (MCPO-CGRF). Here is the ALCOAST on the Change of Watch ceremony:
R 151606Z MAY 10
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//VCG//
SUBJ: MASTER CHIEF PETTY OFFICER OF THE COAST GUARD RESERVE FORCE
1. I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT MASTER CHIEF MARK H. ALLEN HAS RELIEVED MASTER CHIEF JEFFERY D. SMITH AS THE FIFTH MASTER CHIEF PETTY OFFICER OF THE COAST GUARD RESERVE FORCE AT 1030 TODAY.
2. MASTER CHIEF ALLEN HAS DEMONSTRATED HIS COMMITMENT TO OUR CORE VALUES BY HIS OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE DURING A 33-YEAR COAST GUARD CAREER. MASTER CHIEF ALLEN MOST RECENTLY SERVED AS SECTOR JACKSONVILLES RESERVE COMMAND MASTER CHIEF. HE HAS SERVED BOTH AT CGHQ AND IN THE FIELD. HE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THE NATURE OF THE RESERVE FORCE AS HE HAS BEEN RECALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY IN RESPONSE TO THE 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACKS, AIR FLORIDA FLIGHT 90 CRASH, AND THE MARIEL BOAT LIFT. HE HAS ALSO SERVED AS A MEMBER OF THE COAST GUARD RESERVIST MAGAZINE EDITORIAL BOARD. DUE TO HIS VAST PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION TO COAST GUARD MEN AND WOMEN, HE WILL BE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE COAST GUARD SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM.
3. I THANK MASTER CHIEF SMITH FOR HIS 38 YEARS OF EXCEPTIONAL MILITARY SERVICE TO THE COAST GUARD AND THE NATION. HIS LEADERSHIP, PROFESSIONAL SKILL, AND WISE COUNSEL WILL BE MISSED. HE WAS TRULY DEDICATED TO THE WELFARE OF THE ENTIRE COAST GUARD WORKFORCE AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. THROUGHOUT HIS TENURE, HE ELEVATED THE VALUE AND CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE RESERVE FORCE TO NEW HEIGHTS HELPING THE COAST GUARD MEET ITS COMMITMENT AS AMERICAS MARITIME GUARDIAN. HE HAS LEFT AN ENDURING LEGACY FOR FUTURE GUARDIANS, BOTH ACTIVE DUTY AND RESERVE, TO EMULATE AND I WISH HIM AND HIS WIFE MARILYN ALL THE BEST IN RETIREMENT.
4. RELEASED BY VADM DAVID PEKOSKE.
5. INTERNET RELEASE AUTHORIZED.
Why did the D7 CMC get relieved?
I know you only have one reader according to HQ, but that guy sure does stay logged on. With over 800K hits, he must be up 24/7.
I like the widget you posted in this post:
Might be time for one for HR 3619, the Coast Guard Authorization Act. On Friday the Senate passed a much lighter version of the bill than the House did. The bill now goes to conference committee to be reconciled.
Also, a couple comments about it on opencongress.org…
Anonymous :That is not the only one relieved.
Are we talking about the 7th District?
That is not the only one relieved.
staff :Yes, Bowen leaves soon.
Not that one…
Has there been any Gold Badge CMC’s relieved lately?
Yes, Bowen leaves soon.
dud you look into the uscga sexual assault case
Can you provide more info.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 79 other followers
Subscribe in a reader
“The views expressed herein are those of the bloggers, contributors, readers, and those who leave and post comments on this site, and are not to be construed as official or reflecting the views of the Commandant or of the U. S. Coast Guard.”
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.